Location: 1-8 Bateman’s Buildings, London, W1D 3EN
Contractor: WFC Contractors
Designer: Fabled (https://www.fabledstudio.com/)
Completion Date: June 2023
Description of materials:
- Wood flooring – we installed rustic grade European oak strip flooring in a bespoke pattern. The floor was smoked to give a warm look and to bring out the timber’s natural variation of colour. This was then given a hardwearing finish for this high-traffic area in the main restaurant and bar
- Hand cut custom mosaic by @paul.marks_mosaic
- Calacatta stone mosaic
- Custom waterjet mosaic with a blend of natural stone and porcelain tiles. 2 different patterns – wave & coral
- Green pebble mosaic
- Porcelain tiles to bar front
- Azul imperial marble to vanity units/shelves
- Carrara marble splashbacks and skirtings to WCs
Another successful project completed with WFC. Manzi’s is a reimagination of the original which served Londoners for more than 70 years. With a heavy theme of the sea and seafood, this can be seen through the colour palette and design of the multiple materials installed on the project.
WB Simpson & Sons supplied and installed all floor finishes to the front of house areas including: wood flooring, marble mosaic, custom waterjet mosaic, pebble mosaic and custom hand-cut mosaics manufactured by Paul Marks (supplied by Solus). Controlling all floor finishes allowed WBS to ensure seamless transitions between differing materials. We also completed the stone vanity units and splashbacks to the WCs along with marble skirtings.